Meetings With Remarkable Women [DVD]
A documentary of women’s spirituality by Poetry in Motion Films.
Meetings With Remarkable Women explores women’s spirituality and the divine feminine through the spiritual paths of five women from varied backgrounds:
- Linda — an Australian spiritual teacher whose discipline of meditation led to a profound spiritual realization.
- Anima — whose childhood in India steeped her in spiritual traditions, but it took a journey to America before she realized her true desire was to find enlightenment.
- Jem — who lived the roles of wife, mother, engineer, musician, and writer before discovering Reiki and A Course in Miracles; paths that eventually led her to a spiritual awakening.
- Heather — from Christian to Atheist, Buddhist to free-form seeker of self-knowledge wrestling with meditation, self-inquiry, and prayer.
- Deborah — who, after the tragic loss of her husband, launched a years-long spiritual path through ancient Buddhist texts and the practice of Yoga that culminated in the discovery of a deep and lasting inner peace.
*You can now purchase a DVD or watch via streaming or download options.
What Are People Saying Since It’s Release?
“A most welcome initiative that can help support women engaged in contemporary spirituality. Meetings With Remarkable Women beautifully informs the viewer of how the experience of women called to inquiry differs in subtle and specific ways to the patriarchal representation widely available. It is a joy to watch how consciousness redresses this balance. This production offers a forum to women who speak openly and honestly about an inner pull towards what is beyond all conceptual thought.” ~Jac O’Keeffe
“Meetings with Remarkable Women is a dive into the lives of some delightful women, wonderfully reflective. They tell their stories well, and we are drawn into their lives and insights. For someone, especially a woman, who is curious about what else is there, what else can we find that offers meaning and value, this movie is a gem. Through their compelling stories of struggle and discovery, each woman tells an inspiring tale of change and revelation that is worthy of viewing time and again.” ~Robert K.C. Forman, Ph.D.
POETRY IN MOTION FILMS [Mission]:
To create “documentaries for the soul”— inspiring and challenging films that explore the spiritual, philosophic, and metaphysical dimensions of life.
Call it spiritual cinema, spiritual documentaries, or spiritual films, we’re engaged in examining the perennial questions: where did I come from? what has meaning? why am I here? where am I going? what is this place?
Through small films about big ideas, Poetry in Motion Films hopes to expand your possibilities for a life well-lived.