To mark the launch of the new book, Brief Peeks Beyond, we are publishing its introduction (Chapter 1) today, as well as an excerpt entitled: Can our thoughts directly affect reality at large? The intent is to offer a brief overview of the book.
Author Bernard Kastrup considers this his most important published work to-date and we hope you find value in it.
This unique book is a multi-faceted exploration and critique of the human condition as it is presently manifested. It addresses science and philosophy, explores the underlying nature of reality, the state of our society and culture, the influence of the mainstream media, the nature of free will and a number of other topics. Each of these examinations contributes an angle to an emerging idea gestalt that challenges present mainstream views and behaviors and offers a sane alternative.
The book is organized as a series of short and self-contained essays (see below for sample), most of which can be read in under one hour.
“When you see the world you see God. There is no seeing God apart from the world. Beyond the world to see God is to be God.”
~Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
May 10, 2015 | Categories: Book Excerpts, Book Reviews | Tags: affirmations, author Bernardo Kastrup, Bernardo Kastrup, Consciousness, free will, John Hunt Publishing, Metaphysics, monistic idealism, nature of reality, Neuroscience, positive thinking, Skepticism, The Secret, the state of our society, thoughts, visualizations | Leave a comment